Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy SS ingredients OR complete mix SF Bay Area?

Posted by art_1 9 CA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 11 at 23:23

What are good sources for raised bed soil mixes or bulk amendments in the San Francisco Bay Area? I'm looking for something to get tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries through the season. Does anyone have experience with American Soil's Ultra Bedding or Local Hero Veggie mixes?

Another option is buying a bag each of the four ingredients from http://www.rainyside.com/resources/fertilizer.html, and adding them to an existing soil mix.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy SS ingredients OR complete mix SF Bay Area?

I'm not sure where you are in the Bay Area. I buy all my soil and compost from Wheeler Zamaroni in Santa Rosa. I filled my beds with their "veggie mix" soil. This year, I've amended it with their Compost Plus compost. Have been extremely happy with both.

There's also Sonoma Compost company in Petaluma where friends have bought their Mallard Plus compost to amend their in-ground garden beds. And I know of another one in Santa Rosa but can't recall the name. They sell Mango Mulch which is supposed to be very good (Renee?).

Here is a link that might be useful: Loribees Garden Blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here