Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer started...

Posted by stanofh (My Page) on
Wed, May 5, 10 at 12:58

It's as summer as it gets in the eastbay-mid 70's high,low to mid 50's lows..Now,its fertilizing and repotting time. Time to dig up and transplant the subtropical things. I just did a plant that happened to be between cats and where they wanted to go-too many broken stems resulted. Now,safely potted.
In the veggie garden, seeds from last years unharvested zukes are sprouting..No need to buy them.
And the soil is perfect still for weeding...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer started...

The rush is on to get the weeding done and the soil mulched before the winter time moisture is lost. This year the shear quantity of weed growth must be setting a new record. Al

o

I gave up on the front zoysia. The oxalis can have it.
Renee

o

Summer starts when my spring annuals die of drought. Since they're drowning before the drought can get to them, they won't be around to die of drought. Therefore, summer will not arrive at all this year.

I need to re-mulch the back, weed the front, move/remove some ugly landscaping rock in the side yard, plant everything that's currently potted, and construct an experimental bridge over the drainage ditch. The rock is the part that I'm dreading, but it has to be done soon so I can plant my newest golden currant there.

o

QBC,you have an exceptional vernal pool yard!
Here,I'm watering again..not much,but just trying to keep things steady before deep summer gets here...
Rain on Moms day? darn el nino wont give up!

o

• Posted by min3 9N.CA (My Page) on
    Sun, May 9, 10 at 13:07

QBC we moved to a house in the '70's that had hideous red lava rock 'mulch' in all the front beds. i paid the smaller neighborhood kids some money per bucket full (and also ice cream when they finished the job) to get the rocks out and it was worth every penny since the kids were already closer to the ground than i was.
min

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here