Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raining now,possible Wed,Sun, and middle of the next week?

Posted by stanofh (My Page) on
Mon, May 17, 10 at 15:52

This is now ridiculous. Green lush hillsides going into June? Sounds scary-unatural-lol. The real tropicals in my yard are inching along-if that. I've had squash plants flower at 5-6"..yep,stunting from the too much cool. And not a good variety maybe helped that too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raining now,possible Wed,Sun, and middle of the next week?

It's all my fault. After 15 years of aching to have a vegetable garden again, I finally planted my first spring crop this year. It's my bad luck affecting everyone in the state! I'm sorry! But I'm doing my best to undo the jinx--I haven't washed my car in weeks! ;-)

o

• Posted by wcgypsy 10 / Sunset 23 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 17, 10 at 19:20

Love it!

o

Yep its raining here also. Its light but enough to run off the roof. Checked radar it won't last, but it will help something.

o

I'm so happy here in Socal- my flower garden may last another week! This is the best year ever.
Renee

o

Seven out of the last eight storms bypassed Fullerton without dropping any significant rain. Today all we got was a mist type rain which isn't enough to penetrate even an eighth of an inch into the soil. Wish I could get some of your rain, I have had to water my garden and fruit trees with a hose for the last two months, and that was just after the so called "rainy season". But thanks to some good rain in early February we did get 14 inches so far this rainy season, which is a little over an inch more than the normal 12.86 inches per year. My concrete patio is almost dry even though it is mist raining because it is evaporating as fast as it falls.

o

I'll accept the loss of some vegetables if all this rain fills up Lake Shasta again. It's been soooo low for years!

o

Lake Shasta is currently about 28 inches from the top. Other NorCal lakes, though, are still running low.

o

Wow, how wonderful. I only see it once a year when we drive by on our way to Oregon. I look forward to seeing all that beautiful blue water again!

o

It rained last night,was raining again in the morning..then the sun came out and we are at 68f. Real soaking rain..deep puddles on roadsides.
Last year on this date? we were in the 90's!..the central valley had highs today a year ago of 107!

o

They were right.But twice now,long range was for 80's,and twice obviously, el nino kicked that. The cold? they are never wrong..nice weather they can't predict?
Rant of the day-lol.

o

Issued by The National Weather Service
Sacramento, CA
2:10 pm PDT, Sat., May. 22, 2010

... PATCHY FROST POSSIBLE IN THE VALLEYS... WITH SNOW SHOWERS IN THE SIERRA OVERNIGHT...

WTH!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here