Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

Can anyone identify this ice plant?

sooz
10 years ago

DH really likes this ice plant, which he sees on his walks. He asked people where they got it, but they don't know. We've checked at our local Home D. but they don't have this variety.

Could anyone identify this? We might have to make a trip to Walter Anderson's out in Pt. Loma, or even Lowe's in east county.

Thanks!

Picture 1 here.

Comments (8)

• sooz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Picture 2 here.

Smiles,
    Sooz

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

A picture of it in flower would be a big help!! Can you get one of those??
    Kathi

• sooz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi, Kathy,

DH said yes, it has flowers on it, but didn't bring any for the photos. He says the flowers are "purple, or maybe pink, but I think more pink than purple. Yeah, pink."

I'll try and get him to bring home a flower tomorrow and will post the photo.

Smiles,
    Sooz

• sooz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dang, Kathi....sorry I spelled your name wrong in the previous post!!!

Smiles,
    Sooz

• gyr_falcon
    10 years ago

It could be Delosperma cooperi (old name: Mesembryanthemum cooperi). Common name creeping or trailing iceplant.

• sooz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a photo of the flowers. They are very delicate looking. Thanks for the suggestion, Gyr Falcon!

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

I love that kind of iceplant. It cascades so beautifully, and it looks like moss from a few steps away (with my lousy vision). I also like the little crystals in the leaves- it sparkles.

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    10 years ago

If you plant those pieces you showed, you will probably get them to root quickly.