Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for 'Flower Girl' Tree Rose

Posted by hoosierquilt z10a/23 Vista Calif (My Page) on
Sun, May 5, 13 at 18:14

I posted over on the Rose Forum, but thought I would also try on the California Gardening Forum as well. We had a huge disappointment after coming back from a 10 day vacation, to find one of our two gorgeous 'Flower Girl' tree roses snapped in half, most likely due to the Santa Ana winds we had last week. We were just sick. I am having huge difficulties finding this gorgeous Weeks cultivar anywhere in my local garden centers in San Diego county, and even online. Hoping someone might be able to help me locate a replacement, either in San Diego county or even Orange county, or from an online source (hard, because we're much after bare root season). Just sick at heart to see this lovely tree rose gone!

Patty S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for 'Flower Girl' Tree Rose

Monrovia Nursery has a Rose Marie Magnolia tree rose, and perhaps they can help you find what you want. They're in Azusa, but you can take I15 to get there from Vista.

We were in Vista 10 days ago to buy ephiphyllum at Rainbow Gardens, and the drive was slow going down but fast coming back on a Saturday, but we had to take the 405.

Lars

o
RE: Looking for 'Flower Girl' Tree Rose

Thanks, publikman. I'll check this cultivar out. No one has 'Flower Girl' anywhere in the country, as a tree rose, sadly. I checked with Weeks Roses, and they said as much. I would literally have to find the "needle in the haystack" nursery that has some old, leftover 'Flower Girl' tree rose languishing on their lot. Highly unlikely.

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here