Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
removing Pepper Trees - Nests?

Posted by chezron 10b (My Page) on
Sat, May 14, 11 at 18:42

We would like to have some hefty California and Brazilian Pepper trees removed this week. My question is: are most baby birds fledged and out of the nest by now? I live in La Mesa near San Diego. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: removing Pepper Trees - Nests?

Hard to say as we are not there. Observe the nests and if the chicks have fledged, you're fine. If the birds have two broods, you may have a brief window.

Dan

o

It's nice of you to think of the birdies. I think most have left the nest by now. I don't get bird nests in my California pepper- just squirrel nests. I don't know about the Brazilian peppers- they look denser and may get more nests.

There's a birding section on NatureWeb if you'd like to ask there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb Bird Watching Forum

o

• Posted by wcgypsy 10 / Sunset 23 (My Page) on
    Sun, May 15, 11 at 15:08

We have quite a variety of birds nesting here (Fallbrook) and they've not left the nests yet.....

o

There is no way to tell from The Internets whether birds in your yards have fledged and left the nests (presuming there is no webcam), and whether there are any birds that have multiple broods have laid a second clutch. Only you can see what is going on in your nests.

Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here