Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikal1_gw

Amethyst Falls? Or...?

Mikal1
10 years ago

Hi Folks,

Note: I'm cross posting this, just posted in the "Vines" forum but then noticed that there didn't seem to be a lot of activity over there. I hope it's OK to repost here.

I've come across a lot of helpful information here already, but let me describe the situation / requirements and maybe someone might have some suggestions.

I need a vine to train up and over an arched courtyard entry. One of the challenges is that I need to have this vine in a pot, and that pot will not be getting much, if any direct sunlight. Once that plant makes it to about 6 feet it will have direct sunlight for the bulk of the day.

I need the vine to eventually reach about 20 feet, I need flowers that are NOT white, I'd like it to flower as much / for as long as possible.

I was at a garden center this morning and they said that based on the situation and requirements Wisteria was my best (maybe only) bet. So I've been doing a bit of research, Amethyst Falls seems like it might be an option? But I was thinking of using a rectangular pot, probably 25 or 30 gallon. Seems like that might be a bit small for a Wisteria. Although, now that I think about it, I could make room for something on the other side so that I could put it in the ground. It would still have the same situation regarding direct sunlight.

Any other suggestions? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments (2)