Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bermudagrass Seed in Orange County

Posted by jdsuowner none (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 11 at 22:59

Hi guys, was looking to overseed with some bermudagrass seed and was wondering which brand you guys might suggest? The kind we have is typical of say playgrounds and soccer fields, not the low stuff light golf putting greens. Is there a particular name for each one?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bermudagrass Seed in Orange County

Bermuda is extremely invasive. If you plant it, it will soon be all over the neighborhood. It even takes over in wild areas. The cultivation of Bermuda should be illegal.

o
RE: Bermudagrass Seed in Orange County

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, May 10, 11 at 14:11

You would be better off with one of the hybrid Bermudas sold as sod. They produce a nicer lawn without the unattractive seed heads that grow so quickly and look so messy. They are also not so aggressively invasive.

I'm confused by your use of the term "Overseed". This is usually done here with annual rye grass in fall over Bermuda which goes somewhat brown and dormant in winter. The rye gives winter greeness. Whatever you now have would be taken over by the Bermuda.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here