Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommended Soil Testing Labs

Posted by plaz_2008 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 1:11

I live in San Diego. I have been trying to find a soil testing lab locally to no avail. Every phone number I call is no longer in service. Does anyone know of a lab in San Diego that is still in business?

If not is there another lab you can recommend to whom I can mail the soil samples?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommended Soil Testing Labs

I have used Perry Laboratory in Watsonville CA for soil tests for our property here in Calistoga CA and also in Klamath Falls OR. I was well pleased with the information from the tests and especially the counseling explaining what the tests meant. Al

o

plaz_2008: Landscaping companies get soils tested all the time. I'd think you could call one of them and find out whom they use. Also, I think places like HD, Lowe's and nurseries, at least big ones like Walter Anderson, can give you a referral. Soil in San Diego is a big issue (alkaline, clay), so the resources are available.

o

• Posted by bonjo Northern Calif (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 11, 08 at 13:53

Farmecology Labs in Hopland Calif. They get soil sent to them from all over. 707-744-1191.

o

Out of curiosity I looked up Farmecology Labs & Field Service, Hopland, CA, on the web. This company has one of the most utterly useless websites I've ever seen. The various links yield no information, and even "contacts" yields nothing! Maybe they're so busy doing great work for wineries in their area that they can't be bothered with no stinkin' html. Better stick with that phone number.

o

Midwest Laboratories services clients across the country. Please give me a call and I would be glad to match up your soil testing needs with our analysis. In addition, I would be happy to pay for the shipping of your samples. Normal turnaround on analysis is 3 days once sample is received at our location. Please call me 402-829-9877

Brent Pohlman
Midwest Laboratories

Here is a link that might be useful: Midwest Laboratories

o

We can test your soil for heavy metals. Located in San Diego, CA. Phone: 800-613-6064

Javier Gonzalez

Here is a link that might be useful: XRF Research, Inc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here