Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heavenly Bamboo

Posted by flower_153 z9 Poway CA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 12:58

I planted these on both sides of my front entrance 2 years ago.
Bought them at 2 different times, oneside ended up being the tall ones and one side the smaller ones My question is....can they be moved and transplanted?
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heavenly Bamboo

Yes, they can be moved. I moved one in the spring and it is doing much better in its new location. However, we are heading into hotter weather, so now may not be the best time to transplant. You would have to be sure to water diligently. Also, be sure to dig around the plant in a wide circle so you get most of the roots.

Here is a link that might be useful: OC gardening

o
RE: Heavenly Bamboo

I think it is best to move them when it cools down in the fall.
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here