Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Pottery at good prices

jenn
12 years ago

Lindasewandsew posted a link in another thread for a pottery place she likes in Gardena. I am looking for a local resource for pottery at good prices, and from the photos she posted it looks like this place may be a good source. Yesterday we visited a local nursery chain and saw some pots we like, but at boutique prices.

Does anyone else have a favorite place for nice pottery at reasonable prices? (I'm asking about SoCal in particular.)

Comments (10)

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

There's one at the corner of ElCamino & Kelly streets in Carlsbad,of course the name escapes me now,but you can't miss it ,it sits down off the road.There's a big blue building next door called the country store,and bobbies restaurant.

Then there's Cordova gardens in Encinitas,on encinitas blvd.

And another on Tremont st in Oceanside,just down the street from the Regal Theatre.

There are more,but names escape me now.Good luck on the hunt.
    Kathi

• lindasewandsew
    12 years ago

So Cal is a big place. Sounds like you guys live farther south. I'm near Pomona. Another good place out in Ontario is Sunshine Growers. It's at the 60/15 freeways interchange. They have a huge number of pots, pretty much regular price, but have a good clearance section on your right side, just as you pull into the driveway. There are great deals there on all different sizes of pots on any given day. There are some places that post on Craigslist pretty often, but I haven't been to any of them yet. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunshine Growers, Ontario

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    12 years ago

Thanks, Kathi, that's my neck of the woods :-) Trying to find two tall, narrow cobalt blue pots. Will check out these spots!

Patty S.

• jenn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lindasewandsew: I'm also near Pomona. Thank you for sharing the link to Sunshine Growers.

And Kathi, thanks for sharing those resources.... they're a long drive from home but we can stop there on our next trip to San Diego.

• lindasewandsew
    12 years ago

Hi Jenn, I sent you an email. There's another small nursery in Upland called Staffel's. They don't sell pots but have a lot of plants that you don't see everywhere. Link is below. Cal Poly Pomona also has a great nursery at their farm store. Sorry, you'll have to cut and paste this one. http://www.csupomona.edu/~farmstore/ Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Staffel's nursery

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Hoosierquilts,I see you're inVista,i'm in Oceanside.Encinitas,also has some nice quaint shops all along the 101 hiway,they used to have flea markets there on sundays,don't know if they're still doing that,might be worth checking it out.There is always Kobys swap meet in SD and the Oceanside swap meet.

I have a nice cobalt blue flat back pot that i picked up at a yard sale for 3.00.So that's another option as well.Good luck on the hunt.
    Kathi

• merriberri
    12 years ago

In San Diego, check out Canyon Pottery... http://www.canyonpottery.com

Large place, husband always brings something to read while I look around... lots to choose from.

• pennypond USDA 10 Sunset 21 CA
    12 years ago

When we re-did the landscape 3 years ago our contractor sent us to this wonderful, huge wholesale place (near the 605 and the 10). We were very happy with their prices and selection. When we asked sheepishly if we could visit them again when the project is over, the merry owner told us they are open every Saturday to the public. Here is the info:
    Asian Ceramics, Inc.
    2800 Huntington Drive, Duarte, CA 91010
    (626) 449-6800 âÂÂ

Here is a link that might be useful: wholesale pottery in Durate

• jenn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you lindasewandsew.

And thank all of you for the links and suggestions.

• minhanh1009
    9 years ago

You can contact ttpottery
    We're mainly producing Vietnamese glazed outdoor pottery. We ship direct wholesale pottery containers from our factories in Vietnam to the distributors, importers and businesses in the U.S. and all over the world. On this website, all pottery items are made to order and require the production time of 2 to 4 months. The shipping time runs from 4 to 6 weeks. We're export only first grade pottery products including large garden planters, tall ceramic pots for fountains, glazed flower pots, ceramic vases, animal figures, spheres and other beautiful items

Here is a link that might be useful: pottery factory