Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purita_gw

help. plants dead, due to construction

purita
9 years ago

Hi, okay this is something I have tried to fight for a year now without recourse. I live atop a hill in California. Below me they started building apartments on land the city deemed greenbelt, and they cracked the land up to my pool, cracking my pool. They fixed it, this was in the 80's. after that they finished the apartments, people moved in, and due to the damage, rain, and heat the land cracked and an under ground reservoir was exposed. they evacuated the apartments, fixed the problem (well that one) and abandoned the property. That was in 2002. Now in 2013 without telling us, they started working on the apartments, and the vibrations caused my land to bury my plant, up root them and cover those below. I just saw my plants die. I tried to plant mass seeds, did not grow. I tried planting plants, they grew a little, than when trackers came again they uprooted and got buried and died. I tried everything. I now lost over 2 feet on ground, leaving maybe 5 feet till my pool goes after a huge palm tree.
Is there anything I can do at all. I have an attorney, but they look at it from a legal stand, let it fall. Tell me is there something I can do to secure my land? The city knows, the contractors know, but they do not care about anything but finding excuses to get themselves out of their responsibilities it is sad. I just want my home secured, and unfortunately I am alone in that effort.
What if any can I do?

desesperate.

Comments (7)