Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heirloomkeepsakes

Orange County Plant Exchange?????

heirloomkeepsakes
11 years ago

Let's get together and trade plants?? Cypress/Buena Park, Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Anaheim?? Others?

Comments (7)

• wcgypsy
    11 years ago

I would if I were closer.....

• LoveSalvia
    11 years ago

I would love to! I live in Fullerton (north of Anaheim). I read your profile and I too would like to get to know other gardeners. We moved here 2 years ago and I got back into gardening this year so I do not have much to exchange yet. But here is what I have right now:

Seed:

Salvia Urica (from Annie's Annual's plant. The parent plant is in a ground for 4 years and about 3 feet tall so this is *not* tall form) - many

Salvia scabra (from Fullerton Arboretum) - some

Cuttings:

Fuchsia 'Nettala'(from Annie's as well) - a couple of fully rooted cuttings and I can make more. It is doing amazingly well here.

Fuchsia 'Angel's Earings' (from Strybing Arboretum in San Francisco) - a couple of rooted cuttings and I am not sure if I can get more. This is also doing very well here too.

Agave pups (came with the house) - a couple

Clivia (came with the house) - many

Calandrinia spectabilis (from Annie) - several but *not* rooted.

Also, I can start propagating the followings if interested. But be warned that I am a newbie propagator:

Fuchsia boliviana

Brugmansia sanguinea

Salvia discolor

Salvia sagittata

Salvia canariensis var. candidissima

Salvia 'Indigo Spires'

And several more salvias and plants from Fullerton Arboretum are still in 1 gal pot and once those are planted I can make more new plants.

Ohhh, I am so excited to find your posting! I will try my best to post pictures of plants in bloom if I could find out how. I am new to GardenWeb.

• lindasewandsew
    11 years ago

I live just over the LA County line in Walnut and would love to join in. I don't have rare or unusual plants, but have a lot of different succulents and a little cactus. My email is here on the forum. Thanks, Linda

• spulusani
    4 years ago

I have snake plants for now to share

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    4 years ago

Folks, pay attention to the dates of these threads..........this one is seven years old!! If you want an area plant exchange, you may have to initiate the project yourself!

There are also specific exchange forums. Here is the California Garden Exchange forum but it is not very active. (most of the exchanges and exchange forums disappeared with the conversion of GW to Houzz)

• lgteacher
    4 years ago

Coastkeepers Garden Share has a plant exchange in Orange every month. You can find information on their website or Facebook page. Don't move citrus!