Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upcoming Orchid, Fern Show, Sale and Auction!

Posted by epiphyte78 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 4, 09 at 18:35

There are three events coming up for folks in Southern California...

5-7 June 09
Orchid Show and Sale in Thousand Oaks

13 June 09
9am - Fern and Exotic Plant Sale and Show at the LA Arboretum
1pm - Orchid Society of Southern California Annual Auction

I plan on attending all of the events...anybody else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upcoming Orchid, Fern Show, Sale and Auction!

I might have been interested in the Fern and Exotic Plant Sale, but I didn't see an inventory list on the web site. If I'm going to travel to go to a plant sale, I want to know that it will be worth my while. I can't know that if I don't know what species and cultivars will be offered.

o

I definitely agree that an inventory on their website would certainly be helpful in deciding whether it was worth the effort...especially if you have to drive any significant distance to attend the show. I'll call my friend and see if she can't e-mail me a list of vendors who have reserved a space at the show. I'd be surprised if Larry from FernCentral.com wasn't there...he usually has at least a couple ferns that I'm interested in.

Right now Davallia solida and Davallia fejeensis are pretty high on my want list. I have some extra divisions of Microgramma vacciniifolia and Polypodium subauriculatum var. knightii if anybody is interested in trading.

o
Drynaria rigidula, Polypodium subaurcilatum and cultivars/ variet

I am looking for Drynaria rigidula (I have ('whitei') and Polypodium subaurcilatum to purchase or trade for ferns or orchids. Thanks, Frank.

o

Thanks for listing these events. All are easily accessible for me so I might go to one or all three!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here