Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can these orchids be grown outside in z17 and up?

Posted by stanofh (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 19:42

At home depot..

photo Picture125_zps6d7dfe7d.jpg
 photo Picture124_zpsd2b8feb4.jpg
 photo Picture123_zps7515d99e.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can these orchids be grown outside in z17 and up?

not in zone 17

o

Well,its warmer then average 17(10a). Lows in winter can push 32f, Summers are like in z24 in soucal..mid 70's are the standard here.
What its not is a SF z 17 10b. (above 40 lows in winter and about 62-64 for your typical summer day)

o

I guess the answer is no way. Thanks! saved me from needlessly killing an innocent Orchid.
And I am looking into the ones you listed. I'm trying to get the most gaudy orchid for the buck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here