Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annemarieo_gw

Where to plant my Bougainvillea

annemarieo
12 years ago

Hello I purchased two Bougainvillea last week and still have not planted them. Just not sure where to put them. I have always loved them and really want them growing here at my new house. Had originally planned on putting them in back yard until I realized they would be messy near the pool. So the front yard it is. Which does get a lot of sun but there is not fence around the yard (maybe someday) on which to grow the Bougie. I don't think under the front windows is a large enough space. Is it a good idea to plant vines touching the house? My husand is worried about termites.

The spot I have picked for one of the bougainvilleas is in front of a cement wall on the south-east side of front yard. It is where a gate would be to lead into back yard. But there is only the white cement wall. My concern is the side yard (east) is lined with about 4-5 tall pine trees. One of them is a few feet from where the bougie would be and will shade it a bit. It will still get sun but is it enough. I am hopping the cement wall will help keep it warm. If this is not a good place for it, I am afraid I have no where to plant them.

Comments (6)