Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seen any good Martha Washingtons this year?

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 0:39

Home Depot and Lowes did not have any pelargoniums or ivy geraniums for sale this year- I have been checking regularly. I found two four-inchers at a nursery today, but I would like some large ones. Has anyone seen them for sale? Is it too early or too late? Mine are just about finished blooming.
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seen any good Martha Washingtons this year?

I think its too late now. I got mine at HD in March just when they got them. Its been in full bloom twice before and is blooming again.
I have one in the ground from last year not doing so well but it got froze and has bloomed but is very small.

o

That's what I thought- I wonder how I missed them? Oh well. I'll try to root some cuttings.
Renee

o

I was just at my Lowes this morning for some bolts so of course took a walk thru nursery and guess what!!!
They had about 5 of them outside, were multicolored light pink. You might get lucky at a store near you....ready...set...go now. lol

o

Renee, I just picked up some MW's at Lowe's about 2 weeks ago. Check your Lowe's and HD.

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here