Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden pics from today

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 1:24

Incredible weather we're having!
I have been enjoying the summer flush of roses this year. It's lasting much longer than usual.
The roses are Marmalade Skies, an occasional Julia Child bloom, and some Double Delight.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Coneflowers with foxgloves?!!?? In JULY????
Photobucket

Photobucket

The bunnytail grass still has not disintegrated! It's lasting forever this year.
Photobucket

'No Count Blues' iris blooming at an odd time of year.
Photobucket

My eyes hurt from looking at that last pic.
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden pics from today

Lovely pics!

o

Yes, lovely. Coneflowers look good. I just got one, waiting for the blooms to open.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 23:09

Lovely lovely. The heat starts tomorrow, if the weather people are correct. :(

o

Beautiful gardens!! I've never seen those bunny tails before,where did you find those,and are they invasive??
Kathi

o

Wonderful garden.

o

Everyone comments on your beautiful garden which it certainly deserves, but I want to mention your camera work. You do an excellent job in framing the area, and your camera has a long focal range which makes your pictures clear even though the area is deep. Your Iris closeup caught all the shades in the bloom without washing anything out. Al

o

Thanks, Al. I think I'll post two photos I took today. It's all luck. I bracket my photos and pick the best one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here