Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
just some pix and observations

Posted by deep___roots ca9/sunset15 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 12:15

There was a recent post on Leucadendrons. Here is a more recent photo of mine. Shows the Summer color. And this thing is more like 9 feet tall, not the 6 feet I thought. And it needs some pruning.
Photobucket
Next are my snaps. I have deadheaded these 3 times this year and they always come back with new blooms. Previously, my snaps would get rust or not do well for long. These are in planter boxes and pots. These are in full sun for at least 8 hours a day. I like this. Check out my hippo there behind the snaps!
Photobucket
Here is a blue salvia with a grey foliage plant with orange flowers that is very carefree. Blue and orange works for me. The name of the orange guy is Dicliptera suberecta.
Photobucket
Last, here's one of my sago palms in a bonsai pot. It is putting out new fronds. I really like it when they do that!
Photobucket
Thanks for looking.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: just some pix and observations

That leucadendron is a wonderful specimen. I have not tried to grow one yet, because they are so expensive. I would love to try, though.

I love that corner of your garden in the last pic. It is so green and lush. I can't believe that sago is growing in that tiny pot!
Renee

o
RE: just some pix and observations

Beautiful mix of blue and orange. Love the hippo too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here