Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Native iris: Canyon Snow

Posted by danty z9CA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 3, 11 at 12:48

I have had very poor results with planting native iris in my garden -- until I found Canyon Snow.

This iris was introduced by the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden.

The flowers are large and a pure white with a golden throat.

The plants increase in size each year and bloom for a long period (late April to early June for me).

I have actually had the best results growing it in a container on my patio (from which this photo was taken).

I have had good luck dividing the plant -- in the fall.

Danty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Native iris: Canyon Snow

Let's move this one down the list.

o

Hosenemesis, how can a posting be moved down the list?

Danty

o

If someone responds to a post, it will move down unless more people respond. Sometimes no one will respond because they go over to the photo post and comment there, and the original post sits there for all eternity at the top, while the photo illustrating the idea goes down the list and gets lost. Then people get frustrated because they can't find the photo!
Renee

o

Hosenemesis,

I trade plants on the internet with lots of people.
Mostly I find trades thru Dave's Garden.
If you want I could make a division of Casablanca for you.
So if that sounds of interest just send me a list of plants you could trade for.

As far as getting the non-photo post pushed down the list -- so now that there are three responses if no one else responds then it will go down the list -- yes?

Its a bit confusing since the posting with the photo has more responses -- and is further down the list.

Danty

Danty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here