Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
growsis

Cut and Carry Cemetery Flowers

GrowSis
10 years ago

Hello All

This is a survey question and I would like to have as many respondents as possible. For years I used to spend close to $1000 a year on floral arrangements for the cemetery. I don't know if those days will ever return but if they do they definitely don't exist now. So given that I am the indoor sort, what could I grow on my patio in containers that would provide me with fresh flowers preferably year round (if not then at least fully in bloom and ready for harvest from March through July/September). And if I need to harvest say six times a year, would I need to grow six pots, three large ones? These flowers must be colorful, good head size, and super easy to grow. I'm good with water and fert and not much more fussing. I've got unlimited sun. What do you think? I also like very wide blade leafy greens (lemon leaf but even larger is better) to put in the arrangement but I don't know how easy those are to grow so that might be beyond my capabilities.

Flowers I used to buy: Lily/Stargazer (love), gerber daisies, calla lily, roses.

Comments (4)