Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking Source For Large Concrete Pavers (Modern Look)

Posted by millerthyme So. California (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 20:29

Hi All,

I'm seeking a source in the greater L.A. area, to purchase large square and/or circular smooth concrete stepping stones....the type that are often used in modern landscapes. Square pavers are maybe 2' x 2' or 3' x 3'....circular are 24"-36" in diam. Anyone know of a source? Also, how much do these cost on average?

Thanks mulch!

MillerThyme

Here is a link that might be useful: Example of Circular Version of The Stepping Stone I'm Seeking

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking Source For Large Concrete Pavers (Modern Look)

I couldn't find ones that large at the big box stores.

There are 15 2X2 square ones at my workplace left over from remodeling that I wish to take home. You're right that the larger sizes can look sharp in the landscape. Good luck finding them. I found mine, but now I have to get them home somehow.

o

I bought 2x2 concrete pavers from Bourget Brothers in Santa Monica at Colorado and 11th. They have several locations, for lumber and stone etc, and the one on 11th and Colorado, which I think is called the building materials location, is the right one. They were much more expensive than the big box store pavers, but very handsome. They have several colors, textures, shapes, sizes and grades. I think the ones I bought were about $13 each.

If you're putting them in yourself, I suggest you count on having at least one helper, because they are so large, awkward and heavy that they are miserable to try to carry by yourself. And the crisp, square edges are fragile and look much less clean, modern and attractive when they're chipped.

Good luck. The patio I made with these is one of the most successful projects I've ever had, I think they look fabulous. And compared to the result, really quite easy and fun.

This might be a link to the wrong location, but the right company:

Here is a link that might be useful: Bourget Brothers website

o

Bourget is a great place.Worth a trip to their yard just to see the beautiful installations.

I bought some 2x2's at the local building supply (A-1 building materials, south street, long beach) a few years back. They did not have anything larger.

Also try Thompson bldg materials. They have a huge yard in Orange.

o

Thanks for the resources janetla and holedigger. Much appreciated! Will definitely check 'em out.

And good luck in getting those pavers home deep_____roots!

Happy Gardening to all!

millerthyme

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here