Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
souces of organic mulch/compost near san diego

Posted by chrisnsd 22 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 6, 09 at 23:38

Hello All,
I'm in San Diego, North County.
I was wondering what our local resources are for Organic mulches or composts. Every place seems to have local farms that allow free removal of various manures or mulches... What are our local resources... For example I heard there is a mushroom farm nearby that allows people to load up mushroom compost for free. Any other resources within an hours drive? Lets share what we find...I'll post the mushroom farm info tomorrow...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: souces of organic mulch/compost near san diego

Did you hear of any other local resourses? I need mulch!

o

The dump has all the compost you need. If you live in Escondido you must pay. I believe it is $12 per yard. They will load it for you at this price. They also have wood chips. Call them first to verify.

o

El Corazon in Oceanside has mulch and compost. If you are an Oceanside resident (and I also think a Vista resident), it is free. You can discuss with them how "organic" their products are, and if they fit your needs :-)

Patty S.

Here is a link that might be useful: El Corazon - Agriservices Compost and Mulch

o

Any tree service that services your nieghborhood will be more than happy to dump a load of woodchips in your driveway for free. Call and ask.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here