Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zinnia patch

Posted by deep___roots ca9/sunset15 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 13:17

Well, the zinnias are working this year!
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zinnia patch

No kidding.
Your garden is beautiful. Any chance of seeing a few more shots of that border in the background? Are those amaranth back there?

I really love that yellow zinnia. Did you grow them from seed?

And what is that lovely rose in the back? What a great color.

Renee

o

Thank you. You have a good eye. There are 3 different tall amaranths in the back border, along with more tall zinnias. I will take some more pix.
The yellow zinnias I got at a local nursery...I think they grew them from seed there. There are 2 of the yellow and 1 pom-pom red small zinnia there, planted in a plastic trough 6 inches wide and maybe 18 inches long...pinching back works!
The rose I do not know the name of, but even though we had 2 days of high 90 temps this week, it seems to have decided to flower again in a rather profuse manner. I prefer roses in pastel colors rather than the usual reds and yellows.

o

I like the way your containers blend right in to the garden background. Your rose looks very much like Just Joey, one of the best garden roses. Ours blooms right through 100 degree summer days. Al

o

That garden is so pretty,i just love the zinnias,think they are one of my favorite flowers.I even like them when the bloom begins to fade,and the best part about them is they always come back from year to year,maybe not in the same space,but somewhere in the yard.
TFS
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here