Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thunder, Lightening, Wind and RAIN today

Posted by desertdance So CA Zone 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 16:08

Wow!

What a pleasant break in the drought! We live on a hillside, and water is running down the road like a stream! It hasn't stopped all day.

The plants will love it! Of course, things will change soon. But a nice break!

Suzi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thunder, Lightening, Wind and RAIN today

I live in the desert myself in SoCal..Cloudy..Chances are slim we get any rain..

o

It rained the entire day. We are in Riverside county in the foothills overlooking the sleepy town of Hemet. Lots of thunder and lightening too.

I even made a homemade apple pie, it was just that cool!

It's still drippy outside. Off and on.

o

I just walked outside, and it's still coming down at 7:45 PM. Raining hard. Tomorrow it will be humid for sure.

o

Lucky you! Went outside around 6 am and the ground was wet. Apparently it sprinkled during the night here in the San Fernando Valley. But, there is no breeze and I could feel heat so it sprinkled just enough to make it more humid, ugh!

o

Absolutely, we are not used to humidity in California! I hope the rain helped all of the gardens here. We needed a little break for sure.

It was still raining last night around 2 AM, and I planted some herbs from pots to in ground this morning, and the ground was soaked at least 6" down.

Weather says 40-60% chance today too. Fingers crossed for all of us!

o

It's been doing this for the last hour. Knocked out TV satelite reception. Note the turbulance in the pool.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here