Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cottagecindy

why is one of my pittosporum plants turning "yellowish green"

cottagecindy
10 years ago

in my front yard, it is a "u shape" with a part opened up for the entry path. i planted about 20 pittosporum sillver sheen there and all are flourishing like crazy. some are older, 2 yrs old some 1 1/2 yrs old. but ONE little bugger is a bit of a runt and turning pale yellow green. Why???
the others are fine, all planted equally apart. (I'm trying to grow a 4' tall hedge for privacy.) I really really don't want this bush to die. any suggestions? only grass with edging near it and sidewalk on other side. There is 1 tree -2 yr old flowering plum in-between and at an angle 2 plants over and those plants are doing great and the tree is reaching for the sky-love it! my nursery guy (I brought in 2 stems one from very green healthy plant and the other from yellowing plant.
he said it is most likely this bush is being robbed from its nutrients from nearby bushes. and rough up the soil, maybe rootball rot.?
what should i do...scuff up the dirt with what and how deep? the watering is a drip line that goes on for 5 minutes 3 times a day.even if that isnt enough water then why are all the others growing like crazy?
help anyone? i have 2 weeks vacation in a week so i can work in the yard to fix all ooops plantings. :)

oh and also have black stem p. in the back yard, planted at different times plus some were more mature. but the smaller ones are taking FOREVER to even grow it seems. and the 2 bigger ones at the end of the drip line seem to be getting sunburned, plus some black/brown spots on top leaves. ? i try to not let water top the plant. no rain here in sf bay area in quite awhile.

just soooo confused
cindy

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County