Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Myoporum in zone 10

Posted by rhondarenee (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 10, 10 at 16:33

I have a 350 sq. ft. bank that I would like to plant with pink myoporum. It is on the north side of my backyard. I live in zone 10. Does anyone have any comments about myoporum? How far apart should I plant the sprigs? Should I wait until fall to plant? Will it tolerate full sun all day?

Thanks for any suggestions or comments!

Rhonda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Myoporum in zone 10

Go for it. I have it on part of my slope about 5x40 feet.
I put in 5 flats about 6-8 inches apart 2.5 years ago and all filled in. On the steeper areas I put a little closer together so would fill in faster.
It gets full sun here at 100+ sometimes and no frost damage either.
I give it 5 minutes of sprinklers twice a week, but it would like a little more.
Also haven't had a problem with weeds either.
My city plants the white everywhere also and haven't noticed any problems.

Here's a pic from last year on the top level.
Photobucket

This year it is now cascading over the retaining wall.

o
Companion Plant for Myoflorum

I have a small 10' x 15' full sun section that I want to use pink myoporum in as a ground cover. What plant or plants can I use for some vertical interest, texture, and color that would not get too big for what is admittedly a small area.

o
RE: Myoporum in zone 10

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 22, 10 at 18:18

How about Nandina, that's quite vertical and easy care, with some touches of orange and purple to the foliage and red berries.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here