Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you identify these plants?

Posted by xoxosmom (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 24, 09 at 12:26

I thought the vine was a jasmine or star jasmine? But I am complete novice so I could be way off. I am really interested in the urns and what is planted in them.

I am in sunset zone 13 which is completely different than San Francisco so those plants might not do well here.

TIA

Here is a link that might be useful: Entrance with plants

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you identify these plants?

Could it be Bacopa?

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/snowstorm-bacopa-1.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Bacopa picture

o

If you're referring to the vine over the door, I think it is a variety of small-blossomed Clematis.

the one trailing in the pots is indeed Bacopa.

o

• Posted by bahia SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 24, 09 at 18:45

The vine is most likely Clematis montana, and the trailer in the pots is Bacopa. The Bacopa will likely do just fine in a Zunset zone 13 climate if it gets bright light rather than full hot sun, and it will need regular water. It may in fact be better as a winter annual for you than in summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here