Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patmonk

Nasturtiums and Cannabis

patmonk
10 years ago

To avoid Nasturtiums taking over my garden next year do I need to remove all the pods that fall to the ground.
Anyone interested in starting a Bay Area forum on home grown medicinal cannabis for personal use.

Comments (10)

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

Yes, you should scoop up the seeds so that they don't sprout. The nasturtium seeds, that is.

• SFGuy
    10 years ago

There is something rather disjointed about this post. I wonder why.

• CA Kate z9
    10 years ago

The incongruity made me smile. No Nastys in with the Mary Jane! ;-D

• RiversideDaveB
    9 years ago

Looks like you never got a serious response about mmj. I'm a patient grower in so cal and would love to connect with other growers. Please let me know if you've had any other success in this regard. Thanks!

• seysonn
    9 years ago

Nasti seeds are very tasty when fresh. You can also grind it like pepper corn and/or use it as mustard.

OTOH: What will happen if they grow back next season? They are not invasive at all. You can always pull them and eat them. After all , nastis do not produce gazillion seeds.

• BarbJP 15-16/9B CA Bay Area
    9 years ago

Yeah, I agree, I've never seen nasturtiums become invasive. I'd just leave them. They are easy to pull out if they do grow somewhere you don't want them to.

And as this is a country and world wide forum, they probably wouldn't allow a cannabis forum,because of legality issues, even if it's now legal to grow where you are.

Try looking elsewhere on line, I bet there are lots of forums around on that subject. Google is your friend, lol.

• patmonk
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No response/interest in Bay Area. I 'belong' to many other groups/forums but was interested in contacting other locals to share experience.

• AMRadiohead3885
    9 years ago

I think the cannabis forum is a good idea. Cannabis in the form of marijuana and hemp have a wide variety of uses in addition to human consumption. Much of the currently curculating misinformation about the plant is intentional.

• aquilachrysaetos
    9 years ago

I wish I had a Nasturtium problem. I love the things but the summer heat here just kills them.

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living