Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nasturtiums and Cannabis

Posted by patmonk 10a%3A Sunset17 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 8, 13 at 17:32

To avoid Nasturtiums taking over my garden next year do I need to remove all the pods that fall to the ground.
Anyone interested in starting a Bay Area forum on home grown medicinal cannabis for personal use.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nasturtiums and Cannabis

Yes, you should scoop up the seeds so that they don't sprout. The nasturtium seeds, that is.

o

There is something rather disjointed about this post. I wonder why.

o

The incongruity made me smile. No Nastys in with the Mary Jane! ;-D

o

Looks like you never got a serious response about mmj. I'm a patient grower in so cal and would love to connect with other growers. Please let me know if you've had any other success in this regard. Thanks!

o

Nasti seeds are very tasty when fresh. You can also grind it like pepper corn and/or use it as mustard.

OTOH: What will happen if they grow back next season? They are not invasive at all. You can always pull them and eat them. After all , nastis do not produce gazillion seeds.

o

Yeah, I agree, I've never seen nasturtiums become invasive. I'd just leave them. They are easy to pull out if they do grow somewhere you don't want them to.

And as this is a country and world wide forum, they probably wouldn't allow a cannabis forum,because of legality issues, even if it's now legal to grow where you are.

Try looking elsewhere on line, I bet there are lots of forums around on that subject. Google is your friend, lol.

o

I would be interested in a cannabis forum. Lots of plant cannabis breeders needing advice and the marijuana forums out there offer lots of misinformation when it comes to the science of the plant. And what a waste as this site has so many plant science contributors. Its legal in Colorado USA and many other states also. It Wont be long and most of the America will be legal marijuana states. And there is nothing illegal about talking about growing marijuana medicine in any of USA states. You don't want to distribute seeds out of state however, that's illegal for a short time currently.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here