Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do you have planted around daylilies?

Posted by socks12345 Zone 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 5, 13 at 18:19

If I ever get myself out to divide the daylilies, I need to fill in the flower bed with something else in front of them. Any suggestions? Something that takes full sun but not too water loving after established. No other requirements.

Thanks for any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do you have planted around daylilies?

My daylilies tend to take all the space in my beds, but I think if space was available, I would plant snapdragons, bright red ones. My last daylily is in bloom right now, bright yellow. My red snapdragons are also in bloom, they will now continue to bloom all winter and hide the declining daylies. when warm weather starts with daylily foliage the snapdragons will be through. Al

o

I put them at the front of beds, in front of roses and irises. There isn't much in the perennial department that is short enough to go in front. How about thyme? Or catmint?

o

I thought of thyme and have some elsewhere which I could just transplant as it has rooted in several places. I just want something to cover the soil a bit. I was thinking of the Mexican heather but not sure if it can take the full sun and might get too tall.

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here