Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoosierquilt

Trying to Find a Terra Cotta Pot Like This

Okay, you all are so great at recognizing things, and this is a LONG shot, but thought I'd try and see if any of you recognize this heavy duty terra cotta pot that is sort of Italian-looking. I have 4 of them in my Parterre garden, and one of them is just falling apart. I'd love to replace the one that is disintegrating, but I simply cannot find them. Here's a photo of one that is still in good shape:

{{gwi:561030}}

Anyone recognize this pot, and know where I might find one? I'd even be willing to buy 4 if I need to. Just love the look in my garden, and they are the right size. Not too big.

Patty S.

Comments (9)

• nil13
    10 years ago

The first place I would check is Pottery Mfg. They have locations all over SoCal. They also have great deals on seconds at the Gardena yard.

Here is a link that might be useful: potterymfg

• hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, nil. I've emailed Pottery Mfg. to see if they recognize the pot, and if it's one they've supplied to their retailers. I will also be sending out emails to as many of my local garden centers, too, that I haven't gotten a chance to visit. These pots were here when we bought the house, and no way to contact the previous owners.

Patty S.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Patty have you checked that pottery place on elcamino real and close to Kelly dr in Carlsbad?? They may have it ,if not,try some of the succulent,cactus places on coast hiway in Leucadia.

It's also possible you may find one that looks like it made out of that polysterene stuff or whatever it's called.They look like clay,but don't have the weight of clay.
    Kathi

Original Author
    10 years ago

I haven't, but I thought about going there tomorrow. They have tons of stuff that has sat around for a while. Worth checking out, as there is a darling little nursery tucked in behind the pottery place. The guys that run it are very nice. Good succulent choices there, too, especially for containers. I checked Green Thumb and Buena Creek Gardens. The fellow that now owns Buena Creek Gardens is going down to Mexico to do a pottery buy, and he wants me to send him a couple of better photos, and he'll see if he can find it down there.

Patty S.

• gregbradley
    10 years ago

They aren't clear on their website but Pottery Manufacturers seems to be one importer/wholesaler/retailer in Gardena. The other "locations" are dealers that sell their pots.

I have been to their main store recently enough to know they don't have pots that look like your picture. They only have a handful with that design and those are narrow-waisted urn styles.

Their retail prices seem to be sky-high and designed to not compete with the stores that buy from them wholesale.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Greg. I have sent emails out to Madd Potter, Cedros Gardens, Buena Creek Gardens, awaiting Green Thumb to email me, so I can send the photos. So, that's most of the main garden centers with large pottery sections. Didn't get down to the little pottery place in Carlsbad on El Camino Real, yet, but I can try to run down there this week after work if they're open after 5pm. I am relegating myself to having to replace all 4, sadly.

Patty S.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Good luck patty,hope you find them.
    Kathi

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

That's a beautiful pot. I can see why you would want to replace it.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, kittymoonbeam. They are actually very, very nice pots. Very heavy duty. Not like anything I've seen, before, which is what worries me.

Patty S.