Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19689894

Anyone here have a garden blog?

User
10 years ago

Hi, I lurk over here occasionally and thought this might be the perfect place to ask. I am interested in viewing some Californian based garden blogs. Does anyone here have one they could post a link to please?

Dee.

Comments (24)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

this is not my blog, it is really excellent. It is what my blog wants to be when it grows up, not that it ever will.

Here is a link that might be useful: a growing obsession

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the link hoovb. It does look interesting and I will check it out properly tomorrow as it is time to cook dinner here.

Did you mean it when you said you had a blog? How about a link? Pretty please ;o) I am impressed by your profile. Wow! What a lot of roses. You must have a good size piece of land.

Dee.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

if you insist, but prepare to be underwhelmed.

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I loved your blog! I have popped it on my favourites list and will look in regularly. I have spent way too much time this morning browsing through many of your older posts....and enjoying it thoroughly. It's just the sort of blog I like....lots of good photos!

Cheers,
    Dee.

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

I love hoovb's blog too. She's too humble.
    Renee

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Renee, you are so right!

I had a look at your Picasa album...just beautiful! (I should have included photo albums in my request.)

Dee

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

Thanks Dee- and thanks for reminding me that I should update it!
    Renee

• socks
    10 years ago

Here's one I look at occasionally. Hope it's ok to post, not sure where or how I found it. Be sure to check out the iceberg roses. They look so great everywhere this time of year.

Here is a link that might be useful: Piece of Eden

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks socks, but you obviously haven't realized that that is hoovb's blog! Lol. I do appreciate the link though.

Those Iceberg roses do look beautiful, I must agree.

Dee.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Hoov ~~
    Love your garden. Love your dogs. My eyes are popping out of their sockets.

How is the Itoh peony performing in your garden? Is it 'Misaka'?

In a recent entry (Friday, October 25, 2013, The State Of Things Here) there are a couple of shots of multiple blooms of a red rose. Do you know it's name?

Thanks. Good luck on your east facing slope project.

• socks
    10 years ago

oops, sorry! (red face)

• CAManzanita
    10 years ago

Here's a really interesting one (not mine though) about California gardening!

Here is a link that might be useful: Town Mouse and Country Mouse

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No red face necessary socks. ;o)

Thanks for that link CAM, it looks interesting too, I will check it out properly later.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I really appreciate it.

Dee.

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

Here's one I really like. Scott Weber has a beautiful blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rhone Street Gardens

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Here are a few more places for inspiration

Not a blog but a collection of pictures of Gary Walker's Personal Gardens in Escondido.
    http://www.greentreeworld.com/arborist/garys-walkers-garden

Wonbyherwits (Freda Cameron) posts on other forums - extensive blog
    http://definingyourhome.blogspot.com/search/label/deer%20resistant

just discovered this site with links to Mediterranean gardens
    http://www.mediterraneangardensociety.org/members-gardens.html

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hose....Thanks once again!

Iris....thank you too for all the links.

I had better be careful here, I will spend so much time looking at other people's lovely gardens and forget to leave time to tend mine. lol.

Happy gardening everyone!
    Dee.

• Oscarmatic
    10 years ago

deejaus, we have to have something to do when it's too dark out to garden! :-)

• WinslowsMom
    10 years ago

Well, here is mine. Haven't posted for a while though . . .

http://garden.cathrynhatfield.com

Here is a link that might be useful: An Artists Garden in So Cal

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oscarmatic, you are right! I didn't think of it that way. ;o)

WinslowsMom, thanks for the link, I will be sure to check it out.

Dee.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

How is the Itoh peony performing in your garden? Is it 'Misaka'?
    It's doing really well. I got 12 blooms the first year and 19 blooms this year. I just cut off the old foliage last week, which was finished, and new fat growth buds for next year are developing. I have it in morning sun/afternoon shade. So far, I'm happy with it. Yes, 'Misaka'.

In a recent entry (Friday, October 25, 2013, The State Of Things Here) there are a couple of shots of multiple blooms of a red rose. Do you know it's name?
    'Barcelona', often sold as 'Francis Dubreil'. The true identity is likely 'Barcelona', but no one is absolutely sure. A great rose with wonderful fragrance and surprisingly good disease resistance.

Thanks. Good luck on your east facing slope project.

My slope project is oy such a problem. Still working on it.

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Here's another great blog from Northern California...

Here is a link that might be useful: gardenbook napa-sonoma area blog

• Sara Malone Zone 9b
    10 years ago

Here's ours! Not really gardening so much as plant selection, and features woody plants, not perennials.

Sara and Jan

Here is a link that might be useful: Form and Foliage

• epiphyte78
    10 years ago

Here's my friend's blog... The Plant Provocateur...and here's my new blog...Epiphytes and Economics. Both of us are in Southern California.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Thank you Hoov! I believe I will try an Itoh. Had never heard of them. That is amazing performance.
    'Festiva Maxima' has grown beautifully with nary a bloom. 8 years now? I'm giving up on it.
    Working on an area and 'Barcelona' ('Francis Dubreil'), may work. Thank you for the name. Loved the color and light play on its color. More thought required.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I am truly spoilt for choice now! I never thought I would get such a good response considering that you don't even know me. What a great bunch of people here! Thank you to everyone who has added links for me to investigate. I think there are some amazing gardeners, photographers and writers out there! I have really enjoyed looking at all of the blogs and there are quite a few that will remain regulars for me.

Dee.