Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too many pop-ups

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 0:17

Too many pop-up ads here on Gardenweb. I have Adblock plus and just got a Javascript one that blocks the forums from opening, but does not block the pop-up ads. I give up.
If anyone wants to chat about gardening, I hope to see you over at Iris Lovers page on Facebook.
Goodbye friends.
Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too many pop-ups

I agree...I'm gone also....They've pretty much strangled the site.......

o

No no no! Download freeware Opera. I never get pop-ups here.

o

Ack!!!!!! Renee, no, no!!!! Gypsy, guys, don't leave!! I have Firefox installed with Adblock Plus installed. ZERO pop up ads. Works perfectly!

Patty S.

o

No no no, you can't leave. I haven't had many lately and I don't have anything special installed.
Now on cnn I get them that stay and stay about 10 seconds, no way to close them, then it finally swipes itself away in rows. Very annoying

o

Its not Garden Web. You have malware. Install Malwarebytes for free and it roots out some very mean malware. I would guess you have either something called veribytes- an ad malware,or something like that.

o

I have no popups whatsoever on Safari on my Mac. None.

o

Eh,every now and then Firefox says it blocked an add on GW. But nowhere nears the amount of Renee's.
Try the malwarebytes. You could have a few trojans on the PC.

o

I don't get any pop ups at all and I don't have anything special that I know of,then again,dh takes care of all that computer stuff for me.
kathi

o

Oh yeah I do have malwarebytes, maybe thats why I'm not getting them.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 19:26

Firefox with adblock, no popups.

o

I have firefox, but no clue if I have adblock. Got a couple today, just clicked off. Frustrating. Do NOT leave! I don't even grow Irises... yet!! :-))

o

I also have firefox with adblock and have never gotten any pop ups

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here