Posted by melikeeatplants 9 (nor cal) (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 21, 10 at 0:18

Can anyone recommend a place in the San Fran Bay Area that sells good quality -

fig trees
avocado trees
blueberry bush
blackberry plants
passion fruit

I'm in San Jose but driving anywhere in the bay area is worth it for some healthy starter plants. Or if anyone has ordered anything like this from an online retailer to the bay area and got good quality plants.

Thanks for the input....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bay Area Nurseries for fruit trees/vines

I think Harmony Farm Supply in Sebastopol is very nice. http://www.harmonyfarm.com/
If you call them ---perhaps they could send you their fruit tree catalog. If you plan it right you could sign up and attend their pruning workshop too!

Here is a link that might be useful: Harmony Farm Supply and Nursery

o

Payless Nursery
Almaden Valley Nursery
Summer Winds
are all in San Jose

o

I'm a big fan of Yamagami's nursery in Cupertino. They are on the pricey side but their nursery people are very helpful and they carry nice quality, and a good variety.
Yamagamisnursery.com
They are closed this week, will reopen on the 2nd of January.

Also Roger Reynolds nursery up on the peninsula are good.
www.rogerreynoldsnursery.com They might be a bit of a drive for you.

And are you anywhere near Central wholesale nursery? Despite their name they do sell to the public. That's worth a look - when I was there in mid-summer they didn't have too much selection in fruit trees, but their inventory is always changing. They are a great place for natives, by the way.
www.centralwholesalenursery.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here