Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Watering in winter like its summer...

Posted by stanofh (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 12:46

Almost. Its like my summer routine is coming back. A little spooky.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Watering in winter like its summer...

Yes, I have never given up watering,only reduced it to match reduced transpiration of the shorter days. Last year at this time we had plenty of rain, more than normal. Al

o

We are now on the city's winter watering schedule... Sundays only. I'm already hand watering the plants in pots.

I don't quite understand who decided that once-a-week watering is sufficient here in the Valley. So far this month we've had 0.15" of rain.

o

Al,that's it..same here. Less,but about as often.
Estelle,I've seen some lush Fresno landscaping. Is it voluntary to cut back?

o

In Fresno we have to comply to the City's schedule... no matter the weather. Only thing, we can water as long and as much as wanted on Sunday. The ground will only take so much water in a single day, and a week can be a long time if it's warm and dry during the day. I water twice at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. for 10 minutes each time. If I see things getting dry I will have to try to add a third.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here