Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new hose

Posted by gobluedjm 9/18 CA (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 18:53

Anybody tried these yet?
I'm wondering if they could get torn and then leak...

http://www.flexablehose.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new hose

I have not tried it personally, but the reviews by other consumers are not promising.

Kay

Here is a link that might be useful: Customer reviews of Flex-Able hose

o

Thanks, I never thought to check for reviews.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 17:34

They had Xhose (same idea, different brand) at Home Depot yesterday. I have an 25' Xhose and it's very good for my upstairs patio where I need something light and storable. I got it off the website and had no trouble though they did ask and ask if I wanted various accessories. I skipped all those. Hose works great and as light as a feather. I do not know how durable it would be for dragging around the garden. On my patio its perfect.

Disclaimer: I don't work for that company, I don't know anyone who does, I paid for it myself, it was not a freebie.

o

I'm certainly glad to hear that, because I really, really wanted that commercial to be true. I wonder if they have it in the store also..may have to check tomorrow. Thanks.

o

Xhose sounds promising, unlike Flex-Able. Margaret Roach, author of the excellent blog A Way to Garden, speaks highly of another option, these lightweight hoses made by Water Right. "This Old House" likes them, too.
I covet them, but as yet have no direct experience with them. Just the fact that they come in cool colors (eggplant, cranberry) are not bilious mint green makes them desirable. (Do hose manufacturers somehow think this icky green is appealing, or that it blends in to the garden landscape??)

Kay

PS: At the Water Right website, under "About Us," you might also want to take a look at what they have to say about "The Garden Hose--Reinvented."

Here is a link that might be useful: Water Right Garden Hoses

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here