Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I finally found a dalechampia!

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 20:02

Trying to get back into the gardening groove, so I went shopping :) I found six-packs of foxgloves and my favorite colored violas, and a dalechampia. I feel good about this, because we had to take down our spectacular potato vine for the insurance company, and we had two bare arbors. Now there will only be one left undressed.

Oh, and I couldn't resist the chameocyparus (sp?) obtusa with the gorgeous golden foliage. I know it will probably die here, but I didn't get a Christmas tree this year, okay?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I finally found a dalechampia!

Ooooh -- eyecatching color. Had to look it up. Bow tie vine. But there are more questions to be asked--
Which violas are your favorites?
And why on earth would your insurance company have a hate on for your potato vine?

Kay

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 2:32

Cool! Yeah, what grudge did the insurance company have against a poor potato vine?

o

Insurance companies hate vines that cover roofs, because they are fire hazards. My friend Jane just had to kill her bougainvillea to please Allstate. The potato vine was glorious, but it probably was a fire hazard. It was covering half of Mikey's office. I took this picture before it came down.

I love the orchid colored violas. I go on a quest for them each year. I also like the deep red ones and the orange ones. I can't grow pansies very well, but I got that lovely rose and white one- just one six-pack. I have no place for them so I'll dump them on my mom :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here