Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummingbirds

Posted by MistyBeagle127 CA (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 20:13

I know I kinda asked this question already. I am looking at a manuf. home in Sanger, CA on the Pine Lake. Is that a good place to live? Are there hummers there year-round? Dying to move to CA from MA. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummingbirds

I think you had better visit there for a while before buying. The area can be a lot more like Nebraska than San Diego.

Here's a link to the bird watching forum.
Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Bird watching forum

o

Renee is right. I moved from Michigan to the San Francisco Bay area in 2006. It was like moving to the moon for me. But I've traveled around this state some, and there's a central part (Bakersfield area) that is like the Twilight Zone. Nothing to do. Nothing to see. Why Sanger? I'm just curious.
Marlene

o

• Posted by wcgypsy 10 / Sunset 23 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 21:51

Doesn't westelle live in Fresno? She might pop in and give you some info on Sanger.

o

I would also strongly suggest you visit any area you might be interested in residing. I don't know anything about you or what conditions you might want or tolerate, so it is very hard for me to know what to say.

The only lake in this area with Pine in the name is Pine Flat Lake. It is extremely rural and perhaps a bit run-down - looking but the lake is beautiful. I would not wish to live there.

California is a huge State with many different, diverse areas.... everything from the ocean to the mountains, wilderness to rural to megopolis. All depends on what your ideal living situation might be.

o

Ah, yes, the lower hills of the Sierra Nevada. Green about two months out of the year, dead, dry extreme fire hazard most of the rest of the year. Live oak, buckeyes and lots of dry grass make up the rocky terrain. Pine Flat Lake is not terribly close to Sanger, although that might be the mailing address.

Sanger in itself is a nice, small town, a suburb of the larger Fresno. I'm sure there will be plenty of hummingbirds available, but I hope you are just not going by pictures to make your move. I feel you will be sorely disappointed. Methinks you will experience a total shock when faced with the real thing.

Elaine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here