Return to the California Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Final storm total 10.75 inches

Posted by californian (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 22, 10 at 20:37

measured in my rain gauge in Fullerton in north Orange County after six days of almost continuous rain. That's the most I have ever seen in one storm since I lived in California. The previous record that I actually observed was 7 inches in four days.
The good thing was the rain was very evenly distributed with no really strong cloudbursts so most of it sank in so next year should be a bumper year for southern California gardeners.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Final storm total 10.75 inches

Local news says that we got 8.25 inches in Fallbrook...

o

I for one am tired of this rain! We are drowning here! One good thing is, if your are saving rain water, there's plenty. And being cooped up, there is always seed-starting to do, right?

o

I put my rain guage out, and in Vista I received just over 12 inches in 7 days. My side yard is still underwater.

Patty S.

o

Wednesday night, just after midnight...is everyone else listening to how quiet it is? No rain, no wind...wonderful.

o

Tonight we have the 'frog chorus'....

o

wcgypsy- lucky you!
I didn't get out in time to weed, seed, and compost this year, so now I have a muddy weed choked yard to look forward to. I haven't started my foxgloves or planted the lily bulbs. This rain would have gotten everything off to a good start...
Renee

o

Well, cheer up, Renee...I think we'll get more rain. I took all of my 'seeds that I should have sown' and scattered them during the rain. It will be interesting to see what comes up.

o

The post heading Final Storm should be changed to Latest Storm. One storm follows the last one so close it took two weeks to get a day to plant my tulips. Speaking of tulips,last April I was in Home Depot for something else when I noticed the tulips were in. I quickly picked up several bags as I have in the past without looking carefully and threw them in my refrigerator. When I went to plant them in December I found they were 2nd grade bulbs. I am disappointed and will not buy bulbs from them again. In the past they have always been only #1 bulbs. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the California Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here