Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
camellia 'grape soda'

Posted by plantaholic zone 8a AL (n2tropical@aol.com) on
Wed, Nov 17, 04 at 17:07

check this one out.

Image link: camellia 'grape soda' (17 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: camellia 'grape soda'

I've got to have this one!

o

that really is purple!
i've never heard of it. where did you find it?

o

hey, i picked this one up from nuccios.....what a great nursery.

o

• Posted by ton2 Holland (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 6, 05 at 9:56

plantaholic

I read an 'old'message from you about this magnificient Camellia. Do you have this one????
Can I get a cutting from you, I am living in Holland

Thank you very much

Let hear soon from you, please

kind regards

Ton Wijnen

o

plantaholic, that is drop-dead gorgeous!! Purple is my favorite color. I wasn't aware that a purple camellia existed.

Leona

o

It is a truely purple camellia, no disappointment. The color is of dark purple when the flower is just about to open. sometimes the flower color can be toward reddish purple after fully open. We know that the flower color can be affected slightly by cultivation.

I have some seedling plants from parentage of Grape Soda. They should flower in 2-3 years.

Here is a link that might be useful: [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/wangjohn666/GrapeSodaforPosting.jpg[/IMG]

o

Where can I get one ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here