Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'chansonette'

Posted by jeff_al 8 AL (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 05 at 17:00

this one's individual flowers have perhaps the most attractive form of any of my fall-bloomers to me. they resemble roses in all stages of development. it is a seedling of 'shishigashira', camellia x hiemalis, and begins flowering in late autumn, then intermittently during milder days of winter. the form of the shrub is low and spreading, somewhat cascading.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'chansonette'

Very nice Jeff. I had a Chansonette planted out and it died on me. I need to find it again.

How are your Yuletides doing? Mine are blooming pretty well now. I'll try to post a pic. If yours are blooming I'd like to see that too.

o

hi alan,
i don't have a 'yuletide' camellia. i may get one with a gift certificate from a local nursery this year if they are stocking it.

o

I remember having a discussion with someone about Yuletide last year and I thought for sure it was you. Sorry. I have heard from a few people that say they don't care for it. Its kind of surpsrising to hear, as it is a wonderful plant. Admittedly it is slow growing. Still I really like the single red flowers.

Here is a single flower on one of mine about a month ago. I took some shots of the same plant yesterday but haven't uploaded them yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yuletide

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here