Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Sonnet

Posted by florence-2007 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 28, 11 at 8:41

Folks, for the first time I have a limb that has a 'typical' Spring Sonnet bloom with slightly darker pink hem and another with white hem.
Anyone have any ideas of their names?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Sonnet

The _Camellia Nomenclature_ entry for 'Spring Sonnet' states that this cultivar is a sport of 'Colonial Lady,' which is, in turn, a sport of 'Herme.' The Herme Family is unstable and has produced many sports. Do you think your plant may just be sporting and, thus, creating new cultivars? Or could it simply be sporting one or two of the previously named 'Herme' cultivars whose names are already listed in _Camellia Nomenclature_?

o

Thank you for your response. The bloom is not exactly like any of the Herme sports that I have seen. I wish that I had a good picture. Maybe next year it will do the same, we'll see.

o

I don't have a picture but if it blooms the same next year, I will. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here