Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seachellelee

Looking for Bella Rossa

seachellelee
14 years ago

Hello,

I've been looking for Nuccio's Bella Rossa, and am having a difficult time finding it locally. Does anyone know where I might buy one online from a reputable grower? I am located in Aiken, SC if anyone knows of a nursery nearby that might have it. Thanks!

Comments (6)

• seachellelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Please ignore the above question! After reading another post on this site about Nuccio's, I called and am eagerly awaiting their catalog. If you're feeling generous, please help me with my next question, posted above! :)

• User
    14 years ago

Seachellelee,
    just for your future info, look up Cold Creek Nursery.
    Right outside of Aiken, 4 miles from you.
    They sell the most beautiful camellias you have ever seen.
    I bought one which was quite large, reg price was 80.00 and I got it for 56.00 last spring. They had them all on sale.
    Camellias are not fast growers, so it was definately worth the price.
    You could visit just to check them out any way. They sell everything.
    Oh, wait til it warms up a bit though, it is too cold to be visiting now, what is with this freezing weather anyway?
    Good Luck

• seachellelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Butterfly,

Thanks for the suggestion! I've been to Cold Creek & they do have great camellias. Unfortunatley, they don't have Bella Rossa, and won't be ordering any more camellias until August. Happy growing!

• Donna
    14 years ago

It was probably my post you read. I heard from Nuccio's yesterday. They've been watching our weather. They are going to ship my bella rosa next week, assuming it's warmer. I ordered the largest size they have of it. I'll come on here and post to let you know what I think. I can't wait!

• seachellelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Donna,

Yes, it was your post! Thanks so much for that. I had seen Nuccio's website before, but just assumed they were a wholesaler only because of the lack of information about purchasing anything.

Will your plant arrive in bloom? Please do post and let us know!

• Donna
    14 years ago

My plants finally arrived this week. Our extremely cold weather was a hold up. I was very impressed with Nuccio's concern. They called me two different times to check on weather conditions before they shipped my plants. I am VERY pleased. I ordered the largest size (2-3 feet) of Bella Rosa and it is a lovely plant. It's very full and bushy and nicely shaped. It has a few buds on it and one had partially opened during shipment. (I'm definitely going to like the color. :) I ordered the smallest size of another, and it was nicely shaped too.
    Both plants are nice bright green and appear to be extremely healthy.
    Honestly, they are the best looking plants I have bought, either locally or mail order. For the two plants, my total expence was a bit less than $80. I thought that was very reasonable.

Sponsored
More Discussions