Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ville de Nantes?

Posted by Phillip_in_Alabama 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 12, 05 at 16:05

I would love to find this camellia. Have any of you seen it in any nurseries in Alabama? Mail order would be fine too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ville de Nantes?

is very beatifull vila de nantes

o

I asked around and picked up a couple of leads for you at the Mobile Camellia Show this weekend, Phillip, some specialty growers who may be able to supply a Ville. I will e-mail you.

o

Phillip,
I have searched for this camellia for almost 15 years, since growing up around it on the coast of Mississippi. I live near Camellia Forest, a source for spectacular plants, but not Ville de Nantes. Last weekend, I made a side trip while in California to Altadena, to Nuccio's Nursery. I bought two luscious plants, one own-root and one grafted. It was worth the side trip, dirty suitcase, and DH's certainty that I am totally insane. Nuccio's also ships, I believe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

Greer Gardens, the major mail order nursery in Oregon, offers 'Ville de Nantes.' They package their plants excellently and deliver quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here