Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolinamary_gw

Kanjiro for a shady spot?

carolinamary
14 years ago

Hello Folks,

I'm wondering about some shady spots for a new Kanjiro sasanqua camellia we are going to be getting.

One spot we are thinking of planting it in is really quite shady, with very little, if any, direct sun. It's presently occupied by a Shishigashira that seems to like the spot fine and has bloomed there with lots of blooms for the last 20 or so years. But we are thinking of moving the Shishigashira to a spot where we can see it better from our usual vantage point, since its closer neighbor, Hugh Evans, has been blocking the view of Shishigashira for many of those 20 years. I'm thinking that once we move the Shishigashira the (15 gallon) Kanjiro we are buying would be easier to see there than the wide but still relatively low Shishigashira.

Another spot is just as shady, if not more so. A nearby Debutante in about that amount of sun gets lots of blooms on her but isn't heavy with foliage and I think she is probably wishing she were somewhere else. Is Kanjiro relatively more shade tolerant than Debutante, in your experience?

What are your experiences with Kanjiro?

Thanks for any input,

Mary

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions