Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seachellelee

Have you ordered from Nuccio's?

seachellelee
14 years ago

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had ordered from Nuccio's before, and if so, what I might expect as far as shipping costs. I know a lot will depend on how many plants, how big they are and how far away I am. If you've ordered from them recently, do you mind sharing what you got & how much shipping was? I've called and asked Nuccio's, but they told me there was no way to know until they put the box together. I'm not trying for an exact number, I'm just trying to get some wild ball park figure so I know very roughly what to expect. Thanks for any help you can give!

Comments (6)

• theoriginaldawgone
    14 years ago

I have ordered many times from them shipping was a bit high I thought, but not " rip -off " excessive. There are other charges that add up also like inspection fees and crating charges. The total cost of each plant is a bit higher( but not much) than most other nurseries that carry camellias. BUT you will NEVER find camellias of a higher quality than nuccios-- NEVER. I have bought dozens from them over the past 10-15 yrs and have visited their nursery and their quality is unsurpassed. Now where can you go to get the selection they have??? Probably no-where. I dont want to sound like a advertisement for them but they are as good and honest folks as there is. The extra $$$ is worth it to me.

• davidcf
    14 years ago

Absolutely top-notch plants. Very nice people, and as dawgone says, their quality is unsurpassed. And I'm not a paid spokesman.

• seachellelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello Dawgone & David,

Thanks for your replies! I have only heard good things about Nuccio's and I have no doubt that their plants & service are fabulous. I'm not worried at all about ordering from them. I'm just trying to gauge the cost of shipping. I want to order enough plants to make the cost of shipping worthwhile, but I also don't want to order so much that shipping is astronomical. I've never ordered plants through the mail before, so I'm trying to get an idea of what the cost will be. Can anyone get a little more specific as to cost? Thanks again!

• kal2002
    14 years ago

Nuccio's site is not working. Does anyone know how much their plants and the shipping cost? I saw something I like there. Thanks.

• Donna
    14 years ago

I just received my order from them this week. I was extremely pleased. The plants were nice and full, bursting with health, and the larger one even had blooms on it.

Their website is merely one window to tell you how to reach them. You need to call them by phone, and be persistent. I don't believe they have anyone who mans the phones all the time. They will take down your address, etc. and mail you a catalog. You hand print your order on their form and mail it back to them with payment for the plants. Their prices start at $12 for a 12 to 18 inch plant and go up to $35 for a 2 to 3 foot plant. You will also pay an inspection fee plus a crating fee. When they receive your paid order, they ship it. I was particularly impressed with the fact that they called me twice to check on weather conditions before they put them on the UPS truck. They send a bill for the actual shipping charges with the plants, which was $11 and some change for the two I ordered.

As it happened, I ordered one of the smallest plants and one of the largest. I was particularly pleased with the small one. I expected a rooted cutting, but this baby has been pruned so that it already has a nice structure going for it. The larger one was nice and full and very healthy looking.

Their way of doing business is unorthodox, but their selection will blow you away. It was slow, but I was very very pleased.

• seachellelee
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Donna,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear Nuccio's was wonderful. $11 for shipping doesn't seem that bad. I was afraid I'd be stuck with a huge shipping bill that I would have to take into account when I placed my order, but it doesn't seem like that will be the case. I will have to order some of the smaller plants, as they don't offer them in larger sizes, so it's good to know even the small plants are nice.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions