Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamesmaloy

Name that camellia with no photo

jamesmaloy
14 years ago

I know this is a long shot but I have to try. I do not have a photo. On a trip to dig small camellias from around overgrown large and older plants Came across a couple of old planted before 1940 Single camellias this was Monday of this week. A very large plant over 12 feet high very bushy loaded with blossoms and buds. I call it red has six petals three smaller about one inch in width and three inside a bit larger and wider. The stamens are yellow with one anther, the stamen tubes are beautiful dark pink just lighter than the flower itself. Now to my knowledge it is not a sasanqua way to late for sasanquas here. So my real question is does anyone know the names of older Camellia Japonicas that are single? Not in my camellias Azalea book nor in other publications I have looked. I would really appreciate everyone's help. And yes I did dig up small plants and planted them today some in the ground some in pots depending on root system. And yes I did prune them. A firm believer in cutting back when digging shrubs.

Thanks for your help.

James Maloy

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions