Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Camellia Show in St. James (Santiago de Compostela) 2011/2/5-6

Posted by okintos z10 WEurope (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 11 at 16:52

Show Photos Camellias "Rocha Vella" in Santiago de Compostela. I show a little of Tourism in Galicia. Santiago de Compostela is the capital of Galicia.
Regards.
Daniel Dominguez Fernández oKintos

Camellia japonica ‘Bella di Firenze’. Camelia in the South Campus of the University of St. James of Compostela.

Camellias in the Garden "Ferradura."

Santiago de Compostela, seen from the Garden "Ferradura."

Piper near the Cathedral of St. James. Galicia's popular music has nothing to do with Spanish music is known around the world.

Camellias in the Plaza de Fonseca, with the first building of the University of Santiago de Compostela, founded 500 years ago.

The Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela (St. James) a place where the remains of St. James (The son of Zebedee) and is visited by millions of religious pilgrims each year. Pilgrims come from all over the world. Most pilgrims are walking down the French route that runs from the tenth century Europe to reach Santiago de Compostela.

The Way of St. James

Here is a link that might be useful: Camellia Exhibition of Rocha Vella (St. James of Compostela))

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Camellia Show in St. James (Santiago de Compostela) 2011/2/5-

Hello Daniel, A few days the New York Times ran an article of some of the work that some of us are doing in Louisiana. Though there are a number of inaccuracies, I thought you would like to read it. Google New York Times, search camellia or Florence Crowder and the article should appear.

o

Hello Florence. Thanks for your advice. I read the article "New York Times" on Camellia in Louisiana. My congratulations. It's a great satisfaction to see an article on camellias in a newspaper as important and known in the world. I also congratulate you and the fans who work to protect the Camellias and ancient gardens.

To me, I love old camellias and I like to try to achieve their identification. In 2010, during a visit to Portugal with other members of the Spanish Camellia Society, identified an ancient variety. The "Formosa de Young" symns."Young's Formosa", "Formosa Youngii", cultivar of English origin in the mid-nineteenth century. Experts have recognized Areeiro SF.

I like knowing that many other people in the world have the same passion I have. I hope to achieve save camellias Island Tabasco Peppers. Receive my warm greetings.
Daniel D.F. oKintos

Camellia japonica "Formosa de Young"

Here is a link that might be useful: New York Times article camellias

o
VIII Camellia Show in A Corunna 2011/2/12-13

Photos VIII Camellia Show "La Camelia" in A Corunna City. 2011/2/12-13.
Regards.
Daniel D.f. oKintos
Camellia japonica "Saudade de Martins Branco"

Here is a link that might be useful: 2011 Corunna Camellia Show

o

Thank you Daniel. Formoso de Young is great, as is Saudade de Martins Branco. and thanks for sharing

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here