Return to the Camellia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone Interested in a Cold Hardy Camellia Club?

Posted by camellianut 7a PA (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 17:00

I am forming a mid-atlantic or cold hardy camellia club affilliated with ACS.

ANy of you who are intersted in joining please send me your contact info I am gather a list of people and we will meet and form a club. It will be fun!

I am doing 2 presentations on 3/8 and 3/9 around noonish (can't remember the time) at the Gardener's studio at the Philly Flower show. If you can stop by and say hi!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone Interested in a Cold Hardy Camellia Club?

Camellianut,
I live in coastal NH, but happend to be in Philadelphia during the flower show. We attended your Sat. presentation and joined the ACS (choose Valentine as our plant) We are waiting for our new member packet from the society. Would like to affiliate with your cold hardy group, but more as a 'growing' member rather than an 'attending' member. Looking forward to planting some other cold hardy plants as soon as we find suitable ones. Hope that we can be included in your group.

Lefty

o
RE: Anyone Interested in a Cold Hardy Camellia Club?

It is a great idea to promote cold hardy camellia, even I am at 4-Springs SF Bay Area. I would strongly recommand a cold-hardy flower with show flower quality, a C. species that is C. chekiangoleosa in orange red type. It produces single nice form large flower. The plant can stand -11 degrees C, similar to C. oleifera.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Camellia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here